Electric Cat Scratch Tattoos
511 Florida Ave NW
Washington, DC 20001
Neighborhood street parking is available but can be limited depending on the day.
Please read all signs when parking to avoid getting ticketed or towed. Here are the most common signs you’ll see around the shop:
Green means go! No permit needed. Two hour parking Monday through Friday, and park as long as you want on Saturday & Sunday.
Even when parking under a green sign, look out for scheduled street sweeping that requires that side of the street be clear of parked cars for a couple hours every week.
“Resident permit parking only” applies Monday through Friday, but you can park without a permit on Saturday & Sunday.
Electric Cat Scratch Tattoos is easily accessible by Metro. We are just two and a half blocks (5 min walk) from the Shaw-Howard University Metro station (map) on the Green/Yellow line, and about 6 blocks (10 min walk) from the U Street Metro (map), also on the Green/Yellow line.
See wmata.com for more information and to plan your trip.
From Shaw-Howard University Metro station (map) Green/Yellow:
From U Street Metro (use 10th Street exit) (map) Green/Yellow:
There are several Metro bus lines that stop with a block or two of the shop, including:
- 90/92 U Street-Garfield line (closest stop: Florida Ave NW & 5th St NW)
- 96 East Capitol Street-Cardozo line (closest stop: Florida Ave NW & 5th St NW)
- X3 Benning Road line (closest stop: Florida Ave NW & 5th St NW)
- G2 P Street-LeDroit Park Line (closest stop: Rhode Island Ave NW & New Jersey Ave NW)
- G8 Rhode Island Avenue line (closest stop: Rhode Island Ave NW & New Jersey Ave NW)
- 70 Georgia Avenue-7th Street line (closest stop: 7th St & S St)
- 79 Georgia Avenue MetroExtra line (closest stop: 7th St & T St)
Metro updates their service information regularly, so if any of the above links are broken, see wmata.com and try their Trip Planner.