Seems like a good time for a shop update now that we’re fully in tattoo busy season and a lot of people are (or are getting) vaccinated.
Like all businesses, we had to make a lot of changes due to COVID, including physically rearranging the shop, staff changes, procedural changes, etc. It’s unfortunately not as easy as flipping a switch to go back to how things were, so we’ll continue to operate more like a private studio through at least the end of the year. This means we’re still working by appointment only, and doing consultations remotely as much as possible.
While we miss taking walk ins, we’re all happily keeping busy with appointments. All artists are handling their own consultations and scheduling. If you’ve messaged us and feel like it’s taking forever to get a response, we do apologize. We’re doing our best to respond to everyone, but due to the volume of requests we’re receiving, we’re not always able to answer them all. If you haven’t received a response in over a month, there’s a chance your message was lost in the shuffle or didn’t contain enough information. Please feel free to re-send your request, and if you aren’t sure if you’ve provided enough info, there’s a list of questions on our website under Remote Consultations.
Masks are still required in the shop. Not everyone is fully vaccinated yet and, quite frankly, it’s going to be difficult to want to go back to breathing directly in each other’s faces as you gently press your forehead against ours trying to watch us tattoo. I kid, we love you guys. But still not trying to swap spittle.
Our piercing services remain suspended. I know it’s been really disappointing for some of you, but please stop yelling at us, lol. We’re as disappointed as you are, and we plan to offer it again in the future, but we don’t have a timeline for that right now.
I think that covers the general state of things around here. Keep being awesome, and thank you all for your continued and enthusiastic support, nerds.
More specific updated info below…
COMING INTO THE SHOP:
- Masks required. Anyone entering the shop must wear an appropriate mask while inside. It must be a washable fabric mask or disposable medical mask that covers your nose and mouth. We are not able to provide masks, and will not allow you in without one. We understand that mask requirements are being lifted for certain situations for vaccinated people, but due to the close proximity of clients and artists throughout the day, and because not everyone is fully vaccinated yet, we are continuing to require masks for now, but we look forward to seeing all your beautiful faces in the future!
- If you have any symptoms of illness, please reschedule your appointment. This isn’t even about COVID, this is just general courtesy. Please don’t put everyone in the shop at risk of illness – we’d prefer to not to have to reschedule a bunch of other people’s appointments because we’re all sick, and it’s no good for your immune system to be battling a cold and trying to heal a tattoo at the same time.
- No walk ins, or walk in consultations. We are working by appointment only, so we’d prefer that you not come to the shop unannounced – we likely won’t be able to answer the door while tattooing. Consultations and appointments are being set up remotely (see below).
- Please don’t bring a bunch of people with you to your appointment. While we can relax a bit on the no-friends rule now that many people are vaccinated, please don’t bring your whole kickball team. One friend is probably fine, and we’ll do our best to accommodate your emotional support person, but please understand that they may not be able to sit in the tattoo area with you depending on how many people are in the room.
- No walk-in tattoos, and no walk-in consultations. We are still working by appointment only.
- While we are not taking walk-ins, in some cases, same-day appointments can be arranged if any of us have time open. Best way to ask about same-day appointments is to email the general inbox at email@example.com early in the day, provide your phone number and all relevant tattoo info, and we’ll give you a call if we’re able to get you in same-day.
- Consultations are being done remotely.
- Please message the artist you’d like to work with, or the general inbox if you don’t have a preference. See our Contact page for each artist’s contact info.
- Include as much information as you can to avoid too much back-and-forth. If you’re unsure about what information to include, please see our list of general consultation questions.
- If follow up is needed, we may ask to speak to you by video, in person, or by phone, or we may ask to schedule an in-person consultation.
- After your consultation, your artist will give you an estimate, and if you agree to it and would like to proceed, they will arrange a date & time for a tattoo appointment with you.
- You will be required to put down a deposit to secure an appointment. Deposits are non-refundable and go toward the total cost of your tattoo.